The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries, requests or feedback you leave, including your name and email address if you contact our Website
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our Website. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
Google Analytics processes anonymised information about:
- the pages you visit on our website
- how long you spend on each of our page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
Analytics data gathering:
- We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address).
- We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
- We continuously test and monitor our data protection controls to make sure they’re effective and to detect any weaknesses.
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use the site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving site search
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our products
- receive requests
- receive inquiries
- respond to any inquiries you send us
- respond to any feedback you send us if you’ve asked us to
- send email responses to users who request them
- allow you to access our website products
- provide you with information about our products
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of our website.
The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Google Analytics is your consent.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary:
- to perform a task in the public interest
- in the exercise of our functions as an author website
- in the exercise of our functions as a book store website
We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete your request for our products and respond to your questions, request, and feedbacks. Our website reserves the right to reveal this information pursuant to a valid subpoena or court order.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online, via phone, or in person, in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- use your data in analytics
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
We will keep your data until you notify us to delete your data. We will keep your feedback and share it on our website. We will delete access log data after 30 days.
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
Data collected by Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA European Economic Area (EEA) for processing.
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Privacy Team.
Our website contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to the Pashmina P website and does not cover other products, services, and transactions that we link to. These websites have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
If you follow a link to a product provided by another website that organisation will:
- be the data controller
- be responsible for processing any data you share with them
- publish and manage their own privacy notice with details of how to contact them
If you buy a book from Amazon.com the Amazon.com will be the responsible controller. Their own privacy notice will apply.
A data controller determines how and why personal data is processed.
Contact Pashmina P by using our website contact form if you:
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, GDS will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Last updated 01 January 2021